At Pacific Vector (“We” or the “Company”), we are committed to providing our clients with exceptional service. As providing this service involves the collection, use and disclosure of some personal information about our clients protecting their personal information is one of our highest priorities.
We collect, use and disclose individual’s personal information in accordance with British Columbia’s Personal Information Protection Act (“PIPA”). The legislation applies to any private sector organization (such as a business or corporation, union, political party, and not-for-profit) that collects, uses, and discloses the personal information of individuals in BC.
PIPA also applies to any organization located within BC that collects, uses, or discloses personal information of any individual inside or outside of British Columbia
- Collecting Information
We collect several types of information from and about individuals and users of our Website, including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified and includes information that is reasonably capable of identifying a particular individual either alone or when combined with information from other available sources such as an email address, company name, title and name of the indic; and
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
Unless the purposes for collecting personal information are obvious and the individual voluntarily provides his or her personal information for those purposes, we will communicate the purposes for which personal information is being collected, either orally or in writing, before or at the time of collection.
We will only collect customer information that is necessary to fulfill the following purposes:
- To verify identity;
- To identify individual preferences;
- To open and manage an individual account;
- To deliver requested products and services.
- To update individual relationship management procedures; and
- To ensure a high standard of service to our customers.
We will obtain individual consent to collect, use or disclosure personal information (except where, as noted below, we are authorized to do so without consent).
Consent can be provided orally, in writing, electronically, through an authorized representative or it can be implied where the purpose for collecting using or disclosing the personal information would be considered obvious and the customer voluntarily provides personal information for that purposes.
Subject to certain exceptions, customers can withhold or withdraw their consent from the Company to use their personal information in certain ways. A individual’s decision to withhold or withdraw their consent to certain uses of personal information may restrict our ability to provide a particular service or product. If so, we will explain the situation to assist the individual in making the decision.
We may collect, use or disclose personal information without the individual’s knowledge or consent in the following limited circumstances:
- When the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is permitted or required by law;
- In an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security;
- When the personal information is available from a public source;
- When we require legal advice from a lawyer;
- For the purposes of collecting a debt; and
- To protect ourselves from fraud.
3. Using and Disclosing Personal Information
We will only use or disclose individual personal information where necessary to fulfill the purposes identified at the time of collection.
We will not use or disclose customer personal information for any additional purpose unless we obtain consent to do so.
We will not sell individual lists or personal information to other parties, unless we have consent to do so.
We will keep personal information used to make a decision that directly affects individuals for at least one year after you make that decision; and After 365 days we will securely destroy or anonymize personal information once it is no longer necessary to fulfil the identified purposes or any other legal or business purposes.
We will make reasonable arrangements to ensure that the personal information we collect, use, or disclose is accurate and complete;
Individuals may request that we correct any errors or omissions in their personal information that is under our control;
If we are satisfied that an individual’s request for correction is reasonable, we will correct the information and send the corrected information to organizations we disclosed that information to during the year before the date the correction was made;
If we are not satisfied that the request for correction is reasonable, we will annotate the information, noting that the correction that was requested but not made.
- the administrative, physical and technological security safeguards used to protect personal information; and
- the process for responding to suspected privacy breaches, so that your staff know what to do and who to talk to in the event of a breach.
7. Individual Access
PIPA allows individuals to request access to their own personal information that is under our control.
- Individuals have the right to access:
- their personal information;
- information about the ways in which their personal information is or has been used; and
- the names of the individuals and organizations to which their personal information has been disclosed;
- A request for access must be made in writing;
- Individuals may be required to prove their identity before we give them access to their personal information; and
- We will provide individuals with the requested personal information within 30 business days after it is requested, unless a time extension is granted under PIPA.
8. Challenging Compliance with PIPA
If an individual wishes to challenge our compliance with PIPA or complain about our handling of their personal information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals may be required to prove their identity before discussing any complaint or request that involves their personal information.
Individual may also wish to contact the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner for British Columbia:
PO Box 9038 Stn. Prov. Govt.
Victoria B.C. V8W 9A4
Telephone: (250) 387-5629
Location: 4th Floor, 947 Fort Street, Victoria BC V8V 3K3